Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Tears

Last night was Amber's awards banquet for dance. It was at a park, and the kids had sooooo much fun. Apparently, so did Robert because his legs are sore from a few killer games of kickball!



Anyway, if you were dancing for 2 years or more, you received an award for how many years you have been dancing. Amber received her 9th year award!! She started at 2. I wish I had a picture to post. So, so beautiful. There were also a few specialty awards. These awards had the dance studio 'mascot' on them, and they were personalized with the children's names. It is a great way to honor the kids in special areas. I had no idea that Amber was getting one! It went something like this.....



" This dancer joined in with a group of girls that have been dancing together for 5 years. There were lots of tears, and struggles, and progress, and determination. She has come so far in this year, and I am so, so proud of her! And this dancer is.......Amber Delemo!"



She got the 'Most Improved' award. Naturally, I did what any mother would do. I cried. I did my best to have a quick recovery and told myself I was being crazy. Until I looked over at her father, and his eyes were welled up too. Such a proud, proud moment. I was in the car with her every Tuesday night when she broke down in tears saying she can't do it. I encouraged her. I told her I believed in her. I told her to believe in herself. I pushed her to persevere, and not to quit. Miss Charyl let her know that she believed in her. She told her to wipe her tears, and go get help from the other dancers. She gave her some tough love. She made sure that she knew that by the first competition, she would be dancing with these girls. And she did. And she has had her strongest, most productive year of dance that she has ever had in her life.



We are so proud of our Shining Star!!! I can't even post a picture of the award because her very proud father took it. When she called papa and told him, he asked her to bring the award to NY with her next weekend so he could see it. We are so happy that Amber finally found a school and an amazing teacher that will push her to be the very best that she can be.

2 comments:

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

Congratulations to Amber - true success and happiness rarely comes without tears and hard work! It all paid off!
May you be blessed in dance and always!

Kristy said...

Thank you for making me have my "morning cry" :)
We were and are all so proud of her!!
On a funny note, like Robert, Dale too was sore from the killer games of kickball :)