Monday, August 30, 2010

A Twisted Mind

A twisted mind. We all have one about....something. Whether it be about money, or food, or guilty pleasures. Mine is 'alone time'. I want something I never have, and then when I have it, I feel guilty about it. Some examples:

I'm a working mother, so I will take all 3 of my kids to the grocery store when my husband is home, just because I feel like I should be with them because I work. The end result? I leave with nothing that I actually went for because I can't even think straight. (this happened just today)

I left Bella home from my dance class tonight because she was sleeping. I got to get in the car all by myself, and just go. I felt so guilty when I got to the dance studio and my mother was sitting there waiting for Bella. :(

I let my 12 year old sleep with me on the nights that my husband works because she loves to, and I know she won't want to sleep with me much longer. The end result? I end up falling off the bed, or getting slapped in the face/head etc. because she sleeps like a lunatic.

I get dressed in the morning with my 2 big kids in the bathroom with me because they just want to hang out with me. The end result? Sometimes I have mascara on one eye. Maybe only one earring. You never know.

I actually complain that I have no time to myself, and the when I do, I say to myself.....I should have...could have.....I mean, really? I know this is a twisted mind. My sister always tells me I'm a nut with this stuff. She's right.

1 comment:

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

Oh the guilt, I live with it too....about similar things. My kids want to cuddle with me on the couch when I have dinner to make, laundry to fold, and I get grumpy about it. Dinner can wait, they won't want to cuddle forever I say. Or I work all night, sleep for just 3 hrs so that I can "see and spend time with them", yet I am a zombie that gets irritated if they are being loud and crazy.
It's all good, nothing our moms didn't do long ago.....we need to stop feeling so guilty, we'll both be better for it....and so will they! :) love you.