Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Watch

We all people watch. But do you ever really pay attention to what's going on around you? I went to the store the other day by myself (extremely rare), and in my 10 minutes on line, I saw some pretty interesting things.

I saw what appeared to be a boyfriend hanging over a very irritated girlfriends cashier area where he was mumbling something in her ear, and she just kept repeating...."I don't care, I don't care, I don't care." Customers or no customers, this is what was going on. He wasn't giving up, and she wasn't giving in. I don't know what he did, but he was in trouble for sure. I felt bad for her that he showed up at her job. I felt bad for him that she was so unforgiving.

I saw a middle aged couple paying for their items, and I saw the husband say something to the wife as he stood there, and waited to pay. Then I saw the wife walk over to the bagging area and start to put the bags in the cart. As the husband continued to just stand there, waiting to pay. This made me angry. How rude. Who tells their wife to go load up the cart while you just stand there. Does he feel he's entitled because he's the one that works? Does he always treat her this way? Does this make her feel bad, or is this how their marriage works?

The cashier that was on my register talked and talked and talked to the lady in front of me. They were both older than me. Maybe 5-10 years. She was talking about some type of invention thing that she was thinking of. The woman thought it was a good idea. She really went in to detail, and they spoke until she walked off. Then I came up....and nothing but a Hello. No conversation. No talk of her invention (which I can't for the life of me remember at the moment.) Not one word except Hello, and Have a nice day. Wow. Is it me? Do I look mean? Uneasy to talk to? Snobby? I was almost insulted that she didn't talk to me. Freaky, I know.

I'm better off going to the store with my kids so I can't even think straight, never mind over analyze everything around me.

No comments: