Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Why So Hard?

Our family is going through a process that takes a lot of patience, and is filled with uncertainty. It's hard. It's stressful. We did have a great holiday, but of course it's always lingering in the back of our minds. Obviously, I'm not ready to go public. (nothing to do with pregnancy).

My husband passed a comment that I was rather surprised to hear out of all people, his mouth.

"Why does everything have to be so hard?"

Really? Everything? Lets see....

We met in Dec. 2007. We easily fell in love. He loves my kids. They love him. I love his son. He loves me. The kids love each other. One year later, we got engaged. 4 months later we were surrounded by all of the people we love, on a beautiful day at an outside ceremony, and by the grace of God pulled off a beautiful $15,000 wedding that we paid for ourselves without having to go in to major debt. We've never been in that financial position again. God had His hands on our wedding, and He blessed us. 2 months. Yes. 2 months after marriage we became pregnant with Miss BellaMay. Healthy pregnancy, healthy baby. Some couples wait months...even years to have children. By our 11th month of marriage, we had a beautiful baby girl.

If that doesn't define "easy", I don't know what does. We have been so blessed and our lives coming together has been a precious, smooth blessing.

So yeah, we had the miscarriage disaster. We're going through some stressful things right now. But we got where we are pretty easily, and life isn't always going to be easy. I said the same things to him, and he was ashamed that those words even left his lips. The best way to stay is positive, and thankful. The rest will fall in to place just when it is supposed to.

2 comments:

From behind the stethoscope... said...

I wonder everyday why bad things happen to me so often. I feel I have gone through more in my 25 years of life than most people have their entire life. But then I think of all the good things that have happened to me also. They totally out way all the bad. I think you have an amazing life and I don't know what you are going through right now, but I do know you are blessed. God wouldn't give you more than you can handle. I know you probably want to throw your hands up and say Ok, God I'm good on the bad. Stay strong like you said the rest will fall in to place.

Marie Marsicano said...

You have a wonderful attitude Colly. "Why me" never gets us anywhere - focusing on your blessings will keep your door open for the many more blessings that God has instore for you.