Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Get Back

We are in the middle of a series at church called "Get Back". It's about regaining your spiritual momentum. This series could not have come at a better time for me.

I feel very close to God. I pray more, I follow scripture more, and I rest in what I hear from God and the promises he makes me. But I haven't been very involved at my church.

I gave up my position as a leader in the children's ministry when I was pregnant with Bella. I thought I would resume shortly after I had her, but I never did. My church attendance was sporadic, and I was watching a lot online because of feedings and naps and such. Not too mention lack of sleep, plus another pregnancy, plus the loss.

Then God decided to slap me in the face, and my 5 year old son asked me why I don't take him to church that much anymore. Wow. Talk about convicted. I may have been getting fed online, but I had stopped feeding my children regularly. How irresponsible. Then He went a step further, and the first week we went back, Amber didn't want to go. She complained. She had lost her spiritual momentum, and I was to blame.

Off to church we went. My son went back into it as if he hadn't skipped a beat. He was greeted, missed, and loved. What a welcome. It took Amber maybe 2 visits.

This week was definitely one of my favorite sermons I have ever heard. I laughed, I cried, Amber giggled, she was engaged, and now we....as.a.team....are plugged back in. Baby room, here we come! I asked Amber expecting a wishy washy answer, and she was all for it!

We will be serving in the baby room at the Blakeney Campus. My sons allegiance is to Providence, but he's coming around slowly. I am so excited that we are all regaining our spiritual momentum.

"Get Back" to where you once belonged.

No comments: