Tuesday, January 17, 2012

When?

As I sit here listening to my baby cry herself to sleep, I wonder what the words "peace and quiet" mean, and when will I get some? Since I got off of work, I:

Went food shopping
Did crafts with my kids
Played in the yard in the sandbox
Made dinner
Gave baths
Folded 3 loads of laundry
Bella fell off the bed
She hit her back on the night table (2 different instances)
Prepared a 1st visit from the tooth fairy

And I am actually blowing off a few things I should still do. I'm not even complaining. I couldn't be happier with what I did today. Does that sound peaceful or relaxing? Not really. As the Mom, have you ever noticed that everyone else in the house gets "Their Time" to do whatever it is they choose to do, except for the Mom? Isn't the Mom always the last one to say...."I need some uninterrupted "me" time. You can think about it, wish for it, but how often do you actually do it? I hope to make a conscious effort to make this happen for me. Whether it's read a book, or blog, or go window shopping...and I don't want it to be after I did everything I had to do.Or after the kids have gone to bed. I think it's important for Mom's to put themselves 1st once in a while. Make it a priority.  You'll come back to your family refreshed. Relaxed. And ready to slip back into your Wonder Woman costume and hit the ground running.

No comments: