Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wordly and Witty

My husband is worldly. He is enthralled in current events, politics, Sasquatch, big foot, extra terrestrials, history, religion, discovery....if he's in front of the television, he is learning. His intelligence is attractive, and also annoying. Can't we watch a trashy Soap Opera? Dabble in a little Law and Order SVU? Hang out with a funny 30 minute meaningless sitcom? Nope. I try not to get overly involved with the things he loves as far as this goes. I live my life, I believe in God, when it's my time to go, then it's my time to go, and I prefer not to meet E.T., Big Foot, come face to face with a killer whale, and there is no need for me to personally get to know a congressman from Iowa. That's just me. What I do have though, is wit. Here is a conversation I had with my husband this morning via text.

Me: Did you forget your lunch?

Robert: Yes, and my wedding ring. I think I have early onset alzheimer's.

Me: Your so engrossed in the world instead of your everyday life/tasks. You need to find a balance. Did you watch the news this morning? (never local news)

Robert: Yes I did. It's a burden I must carry for being more intelligent than the average human LOL!!

Me: You're right Robert. You will be all prepared to meet Big Foot and aliens but you won't have your wedding ring on when they kill you and you'll die starving because you forgot your lunch.

Robert: Damn Babe!

Me: I may not be worldly, but I am witty.

Robert: This I know.

Defeated! :)

No comments: