Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"Anger Management"

I'm not sure that I know one person that doesn't have their moments of being a possible anger management candidate. That could possibly be because alot of my "nearest and dearest" are Italian New Yorkers (including myself-that is not a stereotype, do a study, and tell me the results) or it could just be human nature to blow your stack from time to time. Either way-I know I definitley have moments where my blood pressure flies off the charts in a matter of seconds. Here's a few.....

1. Automated services on the telephone. I feel my body getting warm just typing that. I am that raving lunatic that hits the ZERO incessantly until it brings you to a HUMAN BEING. Remember back in the day when people actually ran customer service?

2. A slow computer/dial up. I once thought I could save money by switching to dial up. That lasted I think 3 days and I decided my sanity was worth the cost of "The Bundle"(I still cringe every time I pay that bill).

3. When employee's behind the counter continue their personal conversations as they are taking care of you, that no one wants to hear, and don't even say so much as "have a nice day" to you when all is said and done.

4. Walking up to a table at the restaurant and being "shooed" away from someone on a cell phone. You better believe that person dies of thirst before I go back to that table. Sometimes people have no common sense. Right now, I am in charge of your dining experience-even though I'm "just a server".

5. NEXTEL. Enough said.

6. The volume on the self check out lines in the grocery store/Walmart. I feel like I am getting verbally abused...IS THERE ANYTHING UNDER YOUR CART!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU HAVE ANY COUPONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's just no need.....

These are all legitimate anger sparkers-aren't they? But yet on the other hand I am one of the most relaxed, laid back, free spirited, carefree people you will ever meet. But I can admit that I have a button. And once it's pressed-watch out........It's like when you light a whole mat of firecrackers! People that don't have buttons scare me more than people that do have buttons....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you New York... I've been abused by the walmart self check out stand... I beleive there may even be a hidden camera watching my reaction. Or a little midget woman inside there having a good o'l time at my expense.. It's great to see i'm not the only one offended by this stuff. Your computer almost went out the window over the Dial Up thing... Can't mess with Rhapsody Baby !!!! LOL TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Let's see I could be a PRIME candidate for Anger Management - and you know that!!! Ha

I do press zero until they give me a human - which should be an option right away - if they need something from me they have a human to call - so why not a human to help me.

Nextel - THANK GOD I am with Verizon - and you know I will hang up on someone with a Nextel in a heart beat!!!!

Here is another that I hope doesn't put people in rage - I AM ON A LUNCH break at Wal-Mart and the lady with her 3 kids in front of me apparently has all day!! If you are lucky enough to be at home with your kids - shop on off hours please!!! Ha