Monday, December 10, 2007

Slow Down For Alex

I saw this sign today on Colony Road. It was on a full sized beautiful Christmas tree wonderfully and obviously decorated with pride-solar lights included. Ornaments, garland, the whole nine yards. The tree was standing in a big red bucket on the side of the road. This has been on my mind all morning. Someone lost their Alex because someone else was speeding. See that little guy to the right? That's my Alex. I pray that no one has to endure what those parents and family will endure forever. Let's all make a conscious effort in this very busy season to slow down, pay attention, put the cell phones away when were in the car...think about what your talking about or rushing to. Is it really worth the possible consequences? Let's all slow down for Alex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome point Colleen. I sit here with a tear in my eye thinking about all the parents that have lost their "Alex, Amber, Danielle or Joseph". We know first hand from our dear friends how horrible that is.

Take her advise people - slow down - where ever you are going or what ever it is you have to do - it will still be there when you get there.

And PLEASE do not drink and drive -call a cab, walk, sleep where you are. Heck if you are in Charlotte - call me and I will come get you.