Tuesday, January 10, 2012

1st Day of Preschool


I can't believe it. In September, Bella was 18 months old. The plan was for her to stay home with my mother, who retired partly to take care of Bella. It was not a question that 18 months was too young for her to go to school. She was going to spend a year with Nana, and go to 2 day 2's next year with me at Trinity. Which she will still do. Now it's January, and as the words "It's mine!", "let go!", and "Stop it!", started coming out of her mouth, I realized that she needed some "little people" time. She can clearly speak, and communicate her needs now. (1 of the reasons I didn't want to send her). She is going to 2 day toddlers at University City United Methodist Church. My mother was a teacher there before she retired. She knows the entire staff. My niece and nephew went through the program there. It's a great school. 

As you know if you follow my blog, I am a huge advocate of preschool.  4 hours geared totally around them, and their interests. Bella's very best friend is 68 years old. Her best friend gives her whatever she wants, and so does everybody else from siblings to cousins to daddy (Sorry Dad), and it is starting to show. We need to get that straight at home, and she will learn to share, interact, parallel play, and understand the word "No" at school as well. We are so excited for her. She went in with no worries. Never even said goodbye. Her teacher asked me if she is as feisty as her "best friend". 

Absolutely.   











No comments: