Saturday, November 10, 2007

When it rains, it POURS...

Well, my day started with taking both of my children to Urgent Care because they are not feeling well. Not only did I come to find that both of my children have a sinus/ear infection, I also found out that my co-pay goes up when I take them to Urgent Care verses the pediatrician. So, I started my day off $60.00 broker then I expected. Once again, thank God for The Cheesecake Factory...anyway, then off to my nephews b-day party, and on my way home, as I looked in the back seat of the car and realized that I aquired 2 more lovely little girls (aka-my nieces) I cringed at the thought of bringing all 4 of them into Riteaid to fill the prescriptions for my kids that I never filled earlier because I am a professional procrastinator. SO, off we go into RiteAid. 50 minutes later, YES 50 minutes after my son trashed the store throwing a baseball all over, moving all of the candy that I can't for the life of me figure out why it is on a childs eye level, and my 3 girls checked their blood pressure about 4 times each, we were on our way with the prescriptions. We get home, we get out of the car, and I hear the blasting of the band at my church getting prepared for tomorrows worship experience. I was excited! I told the kids..."Listen, hear the music? That's our band getting ready for tomorrow!".....So I grab my 47 bags and purse and diaper bag and blah blah blah....and head for the stairs. Scoop my son up so we can go into the house and eat...and BOOM. The Riteaid bag got away from me. I didn't think much of it, until the smell of antibiotic came flowing up my nose. For the first time in my 34 years of life, I received 2 prescriptions in a GLASS bottle. By the time I got up the stairs, the meds were gone, seeping into the paper bag they came in. Can you believe? First the $60 bucks, then 4 kids in riteaid for 50 minutes, and then throw the cherry on top with now NOTHING to show for it. Called Riteaid-had to call Urgent Care-get a new prescription-it is being filled, and somehow they are beating me for another $10.00. I'm done. Stick a fork in me. The meds will get picked up tomorrow. If I deserve the "Bad Mommy" award-then so be it.

No comments: