Monday, February 9, 2009

He Stands Over Me/We Stand Over Him

Yesterday, I was doing my Mommy thing. Flipping Laundry, prepping dinner, sweeping....yada yada yada. Alex was busy doing his own thing, until he realized that he needed me for something. He came up to me, and said "Mom, can you please put new batteries in my work bench?" So I said "Sure baby, let me open it up and see what type of batteries it takes, and then I have to check and see if I have them." I expected him to go continue playing until I was ready to come in his room and check it out. He didn't. He stood over me. He followed me. He repeated the sentence above about 10 times. Every time I looked down, I saw his big brownish/golden eyes looking up at me for an instant resolution. He wanted what he wanted, and he wanted it now.

Don't we treat God like this? More often than we care to admit, we push God to the side for other things. We don't always make the time for Him that He deserves. But you better believe when we want something from Him, we ask Him over...and over....and over....and wait...and wait...and wait....and wonder what's taking Him so long, and wonder why He isn't giving us the instant gratification that we are looking for. Feel entitled to even. What nerve! God knows our needs(not our greeds), and He will decide when the right time is to fulfill them. He does not work on 'our clock'. He's the boss. Like it or not. If God makes you a promise, it WILL be fulfilled, on His time. The perfect time. So that you will be able to say whole-heartedly that it could have only been Him.

1 comment:

Marie Marsicano said...

Awesome words my sister!!! I have felt like this over the past month in dealing with everything that is going on with Danielle. Last night I realized that part of God's plan in having us go through this is that He may want us to realize what a very special son we have in Joseph - who has been awesome and amazing through all of this.

We have also seen Danielle (who is only 9) pray without ceasing and again at 9 she realizes this is for the greater good of something - we just don't know what that is yet.