Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's that Smell?

For about a week, every time I opened our pantry, I smelled this awful smell. I couldn't decipher what it was, all I knew was that it was pretty bad. I sniffed just about everything in the cabinet. I have been buying things I don't normally buy for the Daniel fast, so I thought maybe something had a foreign smell that I just wasn't used to. Then Amber said...."Something in this cabinet smells disgusting." I'm a cleaner-outer. I am forever cleaning out the fridge and the cabinets. I actually do it before I go food shopping, so when I get home, after I've carried 20 bags up the stairs, I don't have to be irritated by lack of space, or slowed down by having to clean out. So I'm thinking...what could it be? Did my son throw something in the cabinet, and it is fermenting in there? Today as I'm once again sniffing everything, I found the culprit. Behind my 500 plastic grocery bags that I keep on the very bottom shelf, disguised in a grocery bag as well, was a bag with about 5 potatoes in it. Yeah. They had arms, legs, hats, and capes and they were holding instruments, and they were having so much fun, their insides were coming out. NASTY I TELL YOU!!! So they went straight to the dumpster, and now my pantry has lost it's funk.

No comments: