Friday, July 25, 2008

maD mAD MAD!

I know it's music Friday and I do have several ideas, but I was busy all day, and worked tonight, so I am skipping over it this week. Although I will say I had my first taste of Black Gospel Music today on my way to my friends house, and I LOVED it! I am going to have to explore it some more when I get a chance.

Now back to my original post. We went to a splash park in Guam today with my friend Kristy and her girls. Okay, it wasn't in Guam it was in Kannapolis. Anyway, a little girl, still in a diaper, and smaller than Alex so I am guessing she was less that 2, decided to smack my son 2 times for no apparent reason. This has infuriated me to the point that I'm still thinking about it. He was playing, and having fun, and minding his own business, and WACK....WACK...so before he wacked her back, I called his name, and told him he can not hit girls. He put his hands up in a "Why" position....."Her smacked me Mommy!" I can still see his frustration. Here are all of my irrational sinful thoughts that ran through my mind.....

1. I wanted to slap the crap out of her mother that just stood there, and didn't say a word to her daughter.

2. I wanted to slap the crap out of the little girl because I knew Alex couldn't and I wanted to defend my son and teach her some manners.

3. A small part of me for a split second wanted Alex to wack her back. I can't believe I am admitting that, but if her mother wasn't getting involved and correcting her, how much can a boy/girl take?

I redirected him, and she started to follow him. LUCKILY her mother finally said something to her, and it was over after that. It's now 12 hours later, and my son forgot this incident about 11 hours and 58 minutes ago, but for some reason, it's still burning me. I can't wait to squeeze him tomorrow and love him up.

No comments: