Monday, July 14, 2008

OBEDIENCE

It's setting me free....

It's healing me....

Thank you Lord....



Let Him heal ya.....

Let Him touch ya.....

Let Him change ya.....



Name that tune? I listen to this song every morning. right after I feed my addiction to the new Elevation Band CD "We Are Alive" that I am wearing out at home, and on my IPOD. Car CD player is busted, or I'd be wearing it out in the car too.

Obedience is hard, it stings, it's uncomfortable, but it is also very rewarding. I have made so many steps forward, and I've made steps backward too. I remind myself that change does not happen over night, and all I can do when I take a step back is acknowledge it, learn from it, ask for forgiveness and keep chugging forward. God is with me, and I know He is proud of me and the progress that I have made. I've even applied some obedience to myself personally which is working out great. I started off with a 2.5 mile walk in the morning on the mornings that the kids are not home. I wasn't consistent. I did it when I felt like it. Then my sporadic walk turned into a faithful 3 days a week. Then it turned into a fast walk. Then a fast walk, with a 30 minute exercise routine of squats, lunges, push ups and sit ups called "Slim in 6". I've had these videos for so long that they are on VHS. NOW half of my fast walk has turned into a jog! The goal is for it to become a 2.5 mile run, with an hour of the exercise routine. If I don't do this in the morning, it won't get done. So my alarm goes off at 6am, and off I go. Bed head and all. It encourages me to eat right throughout the day, because why do all of that, and then hit the drive thru? Right! My next challenge is getting more sleep. I'm an average 6 hour sleeper. I know this is not good for your health, nor the luggage that hangs out under my eyes. So getting to bed at a decent hour is my next small personal goal. I'll keep you posted. As for my acts of obedience in my walk with God...that's just between me and the Big Guy.

No comments: