Friday, March 28, 2008

Get Your Tickets TOMORROW for the GREATEST BAND EVER!





Yes, it's that time. Dave will be here Tuesday July 1st to ROCK Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre. This is my absolute favorite band of all time. What a line up of true musicians. If you have never seen them, please do. You will sit in amazement. The amount of fire on that stage is unreal. The instruments stretch from one side of the stage to the other. I have seen them I believe 5 times if memory serves, including Central Park, NYC. I can't get my tickets right now, but you better believe some how, some way, I WILL be sitting at the amphitheatre on Tuesday July 1st. Even if I have to get a lawn seat. It's all good.

The Dave Matthews Band formed in Charlottesville, Virginia, in early 1991, when vocalist/guitarist Dave Matthews decided to put some songs he had written on tape. Instead of simply recording himself with a guitar, he opted to bring in some instrumental help to give his musical ideas more depth. Dave found assistance in drummer Carter Beauford and saxophonist LeRoi Moore, who were both accomplished jazz musicians in the local Charlottesville music scene. Based on the recommendation of distinguished local jazz guru John D’earth, 16-year-old musical prodigy Stefan Lessard came on board to play bass. Completing the band was keyboard player Peter Griesar, who left the band after a couple of years, as well as the talented and classically trained violinist, Boyd Tinsley.
The first public performance of Dave Matthews Band occurred at the City of Charlottesville’s Earth Day Festival in April 1991. The first official gig for the newly conceived Dave Matthews Band was May 11, 1991, at a private party held on the rooftop of the pink warehouse on South Street in downtown Charlottesville. Local weekly gigs soon followed at Eastern Standard and then Trax nightclub, and within a little time, word of the band’s contagious new sound spread like wildfire throughout the region. Clubs started to fill up, tours began to cover more territory, and the fan base grew at an incredible rate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CRASH INTO ME-----so reminds me of you
Youve got your ball
Youve got your chain
Tied to me tight tie me up again
Whos got their claws
In you my friend
Into your heart Ill beat again

...........Hike up your skirt a little more
And show the world to me
Hike up your skirt a little more
And show your world to me
In a boys dream.. in a boys dream
Oh I watch you there
Through the window
And I stare at you
You wear nothing but you
Wear it so well
Tied up and twisted
The way Id like to be
For you, for me, come crash
Into me
"had to cut it short, <3 from NY"