Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Girls Wear Panties...Boys Wear Underwear

It's official that my son is surrounded by women. He has started to use the potty. He has used it all day at school for the past 2 days. I am so proud of him. He is only 27 months old. Amber was 28 months when she was potty trained, and I have been told that boys are slower. Both of my babies always excelled quickly in all of their milestones. When my daughter was needing a pull up over night for far too long, my sister said to me....."Can't you just accept that she isn't going to be at 110% in everything she does all the time? It's not your success, it's hers." I listened to her. But that didn't stop me from getting an alarm system that attached to her PANTIES and buzzed in her ear to wake her when she started to go pee-pee. Sound excessive you say? IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM. Anyway, the point of the post is to say that my son calls his underwear "panties". So I keep reiterating......Girls wear panties, Boys wear underwear. When I picked him up from school today, his teacher said..."Alex keeps telling me that he has "panties" at home." His Daddy would be so proud. I think it's funny, but maybe for a Daddy it's not. At any rate, he wears his "panties" for about an hour a night. I skipped pull-ups with Amber, and would like to do the same with him, although I think his teachers will prefer them due to his hourly potty visits. We shall see.....I am hoping he will be a full time "Pantie" wearer in the near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Considering my son lived with 3 Senior Citizens and then me, Joe and Danielle - "Panties" was an uphill battle!!!

But my favorite story to tell was when Big Joe said to Little Joe come on we are going to the store and my then 2 year old son said "Ok hold on I just need to get my purse!!!"

Joe's next sentence - "Marie call the preschool now - he needs to be with boys."

So mid year Joseph started pre-school.